Joined: 29 Jan 2012
|Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:01 am Post subject: 2007 Tony Kart Krypton KSX with Spec PRD, MyChron4, Stand
|Bought this kart almost exactly a year ago from Cory Murdock through EKN. It's an 07 Krypton KSX chassis. It's had its fair share of rubbing and racing, but never been in a big crash. All original bodywork and stickers. I only did 2 races in it this year in Spec PRD at LAKC.
I clean the kart every week, I try my keep this thing in top shape as a clean kart is a fast kart. Only reason for selling, I've got a new 2013 chassis on order and will be switching class to Senior TAG so I can race with some friends. Otherwise I would've just kept this. It's ready to race in Spec PRD.
Here's a few things that have been maintained recently on it:
1. Spec PRD engine, built and blueprinted by Blake Craig at Tru Tech engines. I bought the engine brand new sometime in August, had Tru Tech blueprint the engine, and it's had only one topend rebuild. Since the rebuild I've put on around 6 hours on it.
2. New sprocket and RK chain, only has 1 practice day.
3. Brake pads changed in September.
4. Tires are still good for practice, but not competitive for race anymore.
5. New style Tony Kart steering wheel early in the year. Has some scuffs/imperfections now but still in pretty good shape.
Also comes with:
1. AiM Sports MyChron4: reads lap times, RPM, and water temp
2. Hitch Hiker Kart Stand
1. Starter needs to be rebuilt which costs about $50. I've been using an external starter without issue. If the kart is still for sale in 2 weeks I'll get the starter rebuilt.
2. Brake pedal pressure is a little soft. Bleeding the brakes will fix that.
Location: Irvine, CA